The Raspberry Pi got us all very excited about making our own little mini computers, but they're slow and dated. Let's look at the ODROID XU4Q SBC which has a whopping 8 cores, 2 GB DDR3 RAM, eMMC, USB 3.0 and gigabit Ethernet. Put that inside a CloudShell2 case for a 2-drive SATA RAID backplane with a 2.8" color display in a sleek package. This makes for the most gorgeous and powerful DIY NAS server we've seen yet!
Important Correction: The ODROID XU4 supports 1080p video output over HDMI (not 4k).
- ODROID XU4Q: https://cat5.tv/xu4q
- ODROID CloudShell2 Case: https://cat5.tv/cs2
- ODROID Realtime Clock Battery: https://cat5.tv/odroidrtc
- ODROID eMMC with Linux: https://cat5.tv/odroidemmc
- SSD Backplane-Compatible Mount Kit: https://cat5.tv/ssdkit