- Episode 633
- November 20, 2019
Here are the stories we're covering this week:
- Thousands Of Disney+ Accounts Are Already Up For Sale On Hacking Forums.
- A new AI is combining machine learning and computer vision to detect drowning people in real time. By using object recognition, it's able to tell if a person is swimming normally, or if they are at risk of drowning. What's best is that Drowning-Detector is open source, and can run on a single board computer such as the Raspberry Pi.
- IoT doorbell, Ring, had a bug in its configuration app which sent Wi-Fi setup information unencrypted to some doorbell devices, exposing customers' home networks.
- GitHub Will Preserve Open Source Code In An Arctic Vault.
- A secretive clean energy company backed by Bill Gates has created a way to use mirrors and artificial intelligence to harness the heat of the sun, replacing the need to use fossil fuels industrial heat applications, cut back on CO2 emissions. Their invention creates concentrated solar energy so hot that they can manufacture steel, glass and cement with a carbon-free source that had not been available before.