- September 13, 2017
Here are the stories we're covering this week:
- More excitement in technological advancement in the fight against cancer as scientists in Texas reveal a pen-like device that can find cancerous cells in just 10 seconds.
- A potentially dangerous overlay exploit has been found in all versions of Android before Oreo.
- A massive data breach has happened at credit reporting giant Equifax, raising serious concern over mass identity theft.
- If you've been having trouble finding a reason to replace Windows with Linux, I've got one for you: a design flaw discovered in the Windows kernel allows malicious programs to mask themselves from antivirus programs... and Microsoft says they're not going to fix it.
- Facebook claims its ads have the potential to reach more people than recent U.S. census data shows exist, and that's troublesome for one analyst, who thinks third-party measurement services stand to benefit.
- A WordPress plugin installed on around 200,000 web sites has a backdoor that lets the code authors do pretty much anything they like with your content.