- Episode 536
- December 27, 2017
Here are the stories we're covering this week:
- The surveillance camera network in the US Capital was hijacked by Romanian ransomware, and charges have been filed against a pair that were arrested abroad.
- Nissan Canada's vehicle-financing wing has been hacked, putting personal information on more than a million customers into the hands of miscreants.
- Tesla's Elon Musk has pledged to make a pick-up truck as part of future plans for the electric vehicle-maker.
- Talk of long-range wireless charging has been around for some time, but we’ve yet to see a product that can charge devices from relatively long distances. Thanks to startup Energous, however, room-scale charging will soon be a reality, and available to everyone.
- Apple has changed the rules around how games on its app store will be using loot boxes.